FAQ and Terms of Sale.
Frequently Asked Questions about:
Buying online at SHOP TREE
How do I order?
Orders are placed online https://shoptree.co.za You click ADD TO BASKET for the items you want to purchase. To finalize, go to VIEW CART or CHECK OUT. Payment is by credit card or EFT/Bank Deposit. Once payment reflects in our bank account, we will dispatch the order.
Do I need to register as a user to buy?
No, you can purchase as a guest on our website. However, if you want to purchase frequently, it is advisable to register as your details are then saved for the checkout. You can register as a user online here: https://shoptree.co.za and click register.
How do I log in as a user?
You can log in as a user here: https://shoptree.co.za and click MY ACCOUNT.
I forgot my password. What do I do?
If you have registered as a user and you have forgotten your password, you can reset it here: https://shoptree.co.za click MY ACCOUNT then click LOST YOUR PASSWORD.
How is my order delivered to me?
We have partnered with top courier companies in South Africa to offer you the best deliver service possible.
We deliver in all areas in South Africa AND also surrounding countries, like Namibia, Botswana, etc. Farms, rural areas and townships have an excess charge to deliver. We can also deliver overseas by either postal services or courier, which must be quoted by request. Delivery times: Gauteng is 2-3 working days from when payment is cleared in our bank account. Other areas are 2-5 working days, depending on the area from when payment is received
What is the price for delivery?
Courier for Gauteng (main areas) is R100, courier for all other main cities is R150 and for outlying/regional areas is R250. We also offer free shipping for orders in Gauteng over R750 and all other areas in South Africa over R1000. *** free shipping and courier rates are subject to change at any time
How do I pay for my order?
Payment for online purchases are by the following methods:
- Payment by EFT or bank deposit. Goods will only be dispatched once payment reflects and is cleared on the bank account.
- Payment by credit card facilitated by YOCO or PAYFAST. Secure payment by credit card – Visa and Mastercard only through YOCO or PAYFAST who act as a gateway for the bank. All details given for the credit card transaction is strictly confidential and only submitted to the bank. SHOP TREE and Absolutely AV do not have access to these details.
How do I track my order?
You can track your parcels here:
The Courier Guy: http://www.thecourierguy.co.za/tracking_home.php
Churchills International Express: http://churchills.couriermate.co.za/pptrack/
Fastway Couriers: http://www.fastway.co.za/our-services/track-your-parcel?
Where is SHOP TREE situated?
SHOP TREE is an Absolutely AV store which is in Northriding, Randburg. The offices are open Monday to Friday for orders but we offer support by email or what’s app 7 days a week.
Who owns SHOP TREE?
SHOP TREE is owned by Absolutely AV. The company was founded in 2003.
Delivery of your order
What are my delivery options and how much does it cost?
- Courier (door-to-door delivery): Selecting this option means that your parcel will be delivered to your door, limited to South African MAIN CITIES ONLY. You must supply a full physical address where someone will be available to receive your parcel. Delivery can take 2 – 5 working days from date of dispatch and is only valid for South Africa main cities. Courier for Johannesburg and Pretoria is R75. Courier for all other main cities is R100. Courier for all other areas in South Africa, regional and outlying is R150. You can also contact us prior to your purchase for a courier quote to your receiving address.
- International postage: This can take 6-12 weeks to get to the destination and a tracking number is provided. The cost is R350 OR starting from R750 with DHL courier.
- Collection from SHOP TREE Offices: SHOP TREE does not offer pick or self collection. You cannot collect from SHOP TREE.
- PARGO – You’ll never have to wait at home all day for your parcel or miss a delivery again. Pargo delivers your parcels to a store near you. Choose your preferred Pargo parcel point when checking out and delivery will be done to your chosen Pargo parcel point. You will receive sms or email notification when your parcel arrives at the Pargo parcel point.
We do offer free shipping for order over R750 in Gauteng South Africa or over R1000 for other areas in South Africa. *** Main centres include properties within a 20km radius of the major cities in South Africa. If you are not in a main centre, it may take a few days longer. We do not deliver by courier to plots, farms, mines, military bases, major chain stores, power stations, game reserves and lodges, airports or harbours, and should your delivery address fall into one of these categories you will be liable for the extra costs incurred in delivering or returning the parcel. When do I get my order? Courier Delivery Gauteng: 2-3 working days Main Cites: 3-5 working days Regional Area: 3-7 working day *** Free delivery options are subject to change at any time.
Terms & Conditions for delivery
- SHOP TREE and Absolutely AV assume no liability for orders shipped to incomplete or incorrect shipping addresses supplied by the customer. Any additional fees for such orders will be the responsibility of the customer.
- Parcels will only be dispatched once payment reflects and has cleared in the bank account if paying by EFT or bank deposit.
- SHOP TREE and Absolutely AV cannot be held liable for missing or damaged parcel in transit, or any delays caused by the post office or the couriers or any 3rd party. Any post office delivery is at YOUR risk.
- If a package is refused upon delivery, the customer will be responsible for all shipping charges incurred for the return of the item. Charges will be applied to any refund due to refusal. This policy does not apply to any merchandise that is received defective or damaged.
- All orders will only be dispatched once payment reflects in our bank account. Dispatch of parcels will be within 2-3 working days of receipt and clearance of payment. Products that are imported from international suppliers could take up to 6 weeks to be delivered. We will notify you on your purchase if stocks are sold out and will be shipped as soon as they become available.
Returns & Exchanges
SHOP TREE and Absolutely AV want you to be happy with your purchase from us. If you are not completely satisfied, you can return the product to us and we will either repair/replace it, or issue a voucher depending on the reason for the return of the item.
Once you receive your order, you have 7 days to return it for exchange, credit or refund depending on the circumstances of the return. Kindly note the following:
- The actual product needs to be received back at SHOP TREE or it’s supplier in the original condition (unless it has been received damaged, faulty or incorrect).
- If the product’s outer packaging is unsealed, we may charge you a 15% handling fee.
- Please include your order number and contact details inside the returned parcel
- All games, electronics, baby items, toys, health or beauty products need to be returned unopened/unsealed.
The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to a return or exchange:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
- damage arising from electrical surges, water damage or sea air corrosion;
- damage arising from a failure to care for the product;
- damage arising from unauthorized alterations or changes to the product;
- where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you.
If you return a faulty or unwanted product to us, but you fail to return all of the accessories and parts that were sold with that product, we are entitled to (subject to applicable law) to refuse the return.
Products damaged on delivery
Should a product be damaged or missing any parts or accessories at the time of delivery, please notify us within 24 hours.
- Personally inspect packaging and note any damage on the receiving ticket before signing for it. If you have not opened the packages please write the words “unchecked” next to your name.
- Please report any shortages or damages within 24 hours from the date of receiving your merchandise in writing via e-mail or fax. Please explain the problem or defect and include any photographs if possible so that we may best assist you. It may be that only a replacement part is required instead of shipping the complete product back to us, which will be issued at our own discretion.
- All merchandise is inspected before dispatch and, should it be returned, will be inspected upon arrival at our end. Any returned items must be in the original condition with packaging and literature intact or in suitable similar packaging. Please enclose a copy of the original invoice and a letter stating the reason for return. Please e-mail us first to advise us about the defect, should you wish to return goods with defects or that have been damaged in transit. Please do not write on the box or deface the product packaging.
- If it is subsequently found that the returned merchandise is not defective or damaged, the customer will be liable for all shipping costs.
- There is a 3 month swap-out warranty on electronic goods like the pool alarms or child locators, for mechanical or electronic failure.SHOP TREE and Absolutely AV will not swap out products that have been tampered with or abused.
- For a Kid will not be held liable to replace dead batteries in products and the onus is on the client to replace batteries regularly on the electronic products. Exchanges will not made for products with dead batteries.
- All guarantees are immediately null and void should any equipment or product be tampered with or should the seals on it be broken by anyone, or should there be any signs of abuse, or should the goods be operated outside the Manufacturers specifications.
- If an order is cancelled which was by credit card or Paypal, SHOP TREE and Absolutely AV reserves the rights to charge the 5% banking fee and deduct this off the refund to the client.